Friday, May 18, 2012

Pretty Birdie by Anam Stubbington

Today I made a card using "Pretty Birdie" by Anam Stubbington.  I distressed it with ink and built up many layers in shades of brown and yellow, yet the bird flames with color.  I colored her with Copics and shimmered her with Stickles, and she is surrounded by ink and torn paper and muted tones and sewn borders. 
I don't often use embossed backgrounds, and even attached a medallion and baker's twine, two firsts for me.
I like the worn yet vibrant look to this card, and have to thank QKD and Anam Stubbington for the inspiration!!
You can get your fill of Anam and all the talented artists at the QKD Shoppe.  Don't forget to check out the Gallery for all the designers' cards to inspire your Muse!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

this is a great card. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...