Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thursday Thoughts

The eyes have it again this week for Thursday Thoughts. While Nora Blansett's Purple Eyes are fabulous in purple, today, I decided to share them in another manner. I always want to use a more "art journal" approach to my cards, but I am also hesitant about putting too much stuff on a card. So, today, I wanted to share a vintage-style card using an art journal approach while still being somewhat clean and simple. (Did you get all that!?)
























Okay, first I pulled out the July Royal Kit (didn't get it when it was first released, there are still two left). I used the patterned paper in the kit and stamped directly onto it. Then I also used the cardstock included in the kit as my card. More patterned paper and the Eiffel Tower die cut were then added. The final touch was the use of jewels on the accent parts of the eyes. While these are not the jewels included in the kit, there are some in there that you could use.



















Quick and easy and fun!! Hope you stop by next week to see what I have to share.

1 comment:

Pat said...

I love your card. You did exactly what you started out to do--create an "art journal" look to a card while keeping it clean. Thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...