Sunday, December 23, 2012

Happy Holidays from Holly Fairy


Well, the presents are wrapped and under the tree. The food is in the fridge (or thawing out) and I'm starting on the pies.  The lights are on, the tree is up, the house smells like peppermint and holly and pumpkin pie.  Are you ready for Christmas?

I made this card earlier in the month so I could mail it off to a friend.  I used a Queen Kat Designs stamp from artist Catherine Swinford called Holly Fairy.  It's another simple card--white embossed image onto red cardstock, faux stitching, adhered to patterned paper base and embellished with a funky "Noel" and a glittery butterfly.

I love to push myself out of my comfort zone.  I normally stamp images with black ink on white and play with my Copics or Spectrum Noir markers to bring the image to life with color.  I also normally toss on everything but the kitchen sink (sometimes more is just more).  But I rarely make a CAS card, and I almost never use an image without coloring it.  I experimented, and I like what I've done!

I hope you do too!

We at Queen Kat Designs wish everyone a Merry Christmas, as well as whatever other holiday you may celebrate at this time of year.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...