Friday, March 9, 2012

Faeire Funk I by Deanna Davoli

My card today uses a new March release from Queen Kat Designs called Faerie Funk I by artist Deanna Davoli. 
After coloring her with my trusty Copics, I glitzed her punk-dyed hair with a little Stickles.  I framed her with textured cardstock diecut with QuicKutz Cookie Cutter Frame (CC-SHAPE-045-1) and my Epic Six.
I then placed her on leftover patterned cardstock, adding some lace, pearls and handmade (by me!) flowers.  Except for her wings, she could be anyone's teenage daughter.  Love those headphones--I wonder what's on HER playlist?!

Wanna know how I made the flowers?
I took a few pieces of leftover double-sided patterned papers I had saved from previous projects.  My downfall has always been that I throw nothing away!  Today this habit showcases a success story.

I punched circles from these bits of paper; some regular and some scalloped, all around 1 to 1-1/2 inches wide.  Then I brought out my brads, some wax paper and my can of spray starch.  I chose to make my flowers with five circles.  I laid out five circles at a time, and sprayed them with the starch.  While still wet, I pushed each circle onto the end of the brad, closing it when all five were together.  Turning it around, I pulled each circle up and squeezed it toward the center, keeping my fingers wet with starch. 

When all five circles were squeezed up together, I placed the "almost" flower on the wax paper and gently pulled apart each of the circles into a flower shape.  You can pull apart and squinch together until you like what you have.  They will dry as shaped by you. 

Hope you like the new stamp by Deanna Davoli, my card, and my handmade flowers!  Don't forget to check out all the March releases at the Shoppe.  I have another wish list going...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...