Sunday, July 29, 2012

Passionate for Purple

I fall in love with colors!  How about you?  Today it's the many moods and shades of purple, which works perfectly for Queen Kat Design's Orchid Wyvern Dragon by artist Teal Newcombe on my card.  It practically blooms with the purples and orchids in my project.
Besides the patterned paper and cardstock, I stamped the card background with another QKD stamp called Fight the Flame, all in shades of purple.  Next I colored my image with my Copics, adding the teal color for contrast, while coordinating it with my cardstock card base.
I had the most fun picking out the shiny embellishments from my "can o' leftovers" from previous projects.
FYI:  According to Wikipedia, "wyvern...(pronounced why-vern w/accent on first syllable) is a legendary winged creature with a dragon's head, reptilian body, two legs (sometimes none), and a barbed tail. 


Just thought you'd want to know.  I did, as it has caught my fancy this last month!
For more Wyverns and Dragons and fantastical beasts, check out the Shop!!  You're sure to find something that catches your fancy!

2 comments:

Miranda said...

gorgeous card Pat, purple is my fav colour

Unknown said...

Love it. Great job on the card

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...