Sunday, September 9, 2012

Eeeek, a Ghost!!

Today I wanted to feature a Queen Kat Designs artist whose work is showcased on a sister blog, The Castle Playground.  Coriander Shea Detwiler is one of several very talented artists whose most recently released stamp, Cauldron Congregation, is brought to life on my easel card.  Her image gives the holiday a whimsical twist, mixing spooky with cute.

I stamped Cauldron Congregation twice. The first I colored and used as the base image on my card; the second I colored just the ghosts and pop-dotted them onto the front of the image, as well as on the background.

I used another QKD stamp, Clockwork Butterfly, to embellishment the background.  To give it more of a Halloween style, I adhered a googly eye onto its body and used Fall colors.

I love the presentation that a step-fold card gives you.  If you haven't tried one yet, there are several tutorials on SplitCoastStampers as well as Paper Craft Planet.  It really is just a matter of scoring and folding a        5-1/2"x12" piece of cardstock.

Now that you've had a tiny taste of the talent over at the Castle Playground, come and see what the Royal Design Team has made with all the fun and funky, sexy and sweet, whimsical and fantastical stamps offered through Queen Kat Designs!

1 comment:

Coriander Shea said...

Thank you! You did an awesome job on this. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...