Sunday, April 17, 2011

Chat Avec Le Chapeau


The stamp is called Chat Avec Le Chapeau Which translates as Cat with Hat. After I did the inking, but before I sat down to design the borders and paint it, I came up with this crazy idea for a steam punk sort of world. In this alternative history the Cherokee manage to hang onto their land and advance scientifically while the rest of the U.S. is embroiled in the civil war. Hence the words "KawMaMa, your choice for dependable Cherokee Engineering." KawMaMa meaning "butterfly" for this beautiful emergence that I imagined. And making a steam punk fairy cat as an engineering marvel being shown with nifty designed steam punk hat (that must hold some cool mechanical magic of it's own), amused me.
And yes, my mind works in very strange ways. But then I paint cats with wings for a living, which should have been a clue that I might not be normal. But normal is boring. Fairy cats are fun.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...