Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Bloomin' Basket Heralds Spring

Pat here with a QKD April release.  It's called Bloomin Basket by artist Jacquelynne Steves and it is just loaded with colorful blooms in anticipation of Spring!

I made a specially-folded card that was inspired by an image on Pinterest.  I like it because it has a pocket in which to put surprises for the recipient.  In this case, it looks like a flower pot, so behind Jacquelynne's image, I plan on putting a seed packet in its pocket and send this card to somebody special!
After cutting and folding my "flower pot," I added patterned papers from Basic Grey and the Paper Studio. I colored my basket with Copics, giving them sparkle and shine with smooch and Liquid Glass. The basket seemed to get lost on the patterned paper, so I colored a small paper doily with ink to frame it and then attached it to the front of my card.  I embellished simply with flower sequins, as the patterned paper was enough eye candy.
You can find Bloomin' Basket by Jacquelynne Steves in the QKD Shop. Happy crafting!

2 comments:

VAWM said...

Beautiful, Pat!

Sharon said...

So colourful and sping feeling!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...