Project: The Panic Book
Description: altered 6.5" x 6.5" children's board book
Queen Kat Designs Library Card Stamp, flowers from the Greetings # 3 Stamp Set, Bubbles Background Stamp, Lady's Face Stamp, Royal Wings Stamp Set, Tag Journaling Stamp # 2, Coffee Stain Stamp, and "Happy Day" from a new stamp set coming out on March 1, 2008.
Materials needed: an old children's board book, gesso, acrylic paint, white cardstock, Queen Kat Designs clear stamps, crossbones are from a plastic hanging curtain set (alternatively, you can use this stamp from Queen Kat Designs), ephemera (sticker from a traveling kit), ink, double-sided tape.
1. Sand all the pages of the board book.
2. Apply a coat of gesso on each page. Let dry. Apply a second coat. Let dry.
3. Decorate all the pages as you wish with acrylic paint. It's helpful to paint the front and back cover last.
4. Stamp Queen Kat Designs clear stamps using watered-down acrylic paint on the pages.
5. Paint your message or sentiments on each page.
6. Stamp images on white cardstock, cut out and attach to pages.
7. Journal on the journaling stamp images.
8. Add the final decoration on the front and back cover.
If you wish to see more images, kindly visit the Queen Kat Designs gallery here. Look under the Royal Court's Galleries under Nina. Thanks so much for reading and hope you found this tutorial useful. =)