Thursday, February 5, 2009

A Little Get Inked Flair!

After the crazy month of January I was finally able to sit down and create last night. I recently joined the Get Inked kit club from Queen Kat Designs, not only does a friend of mine design all the stamps (Irene Tan AKA Scrapperlicious) but each kit comes with awesome designs and instructions from her, along with some great goodies!

For example in the January kit I received an Asian stamp set, a Midnight Colorbox ink pad, UTEE, and a bottle of blue Liquid Applique, and all that for under $20. I'm so geeked about this kit club, I can't wait to get February's! Here is where you can find info on the kit if you are interested. January and February kits are sold out, but March kits are available now for preorder. Here is a sneak peak at the stamp set for March! Isn't it just to die for!

If you do order it, please tell Vicki Nikki sent you!
Anyhoo back to my card! I have been having fun making what I call Timmy Sprays lol. Well the first batch I made were all water based for all those great water coloring type techniques, but last night I made some with a rubbing alcohol base (Thanks Spanky!) and I love them! With the alcohol base your glimmer spray dries much faster without having to sit there with a heat gun! Yay for someone as impatient as me! So here is a basic rundown of what I did on this card, Lots of inspiration from the samples and instructions that came with the kit!

I took watercolor paper and sprayed it with Broken China Timmy Mist and then added a bit of Faded Jean Timmy Mist towards the edges. I used Versafine onyx black ink to stamp the flowers, then I created a mask with a post-it and then used the same ink for the Asian writing. I then inked the edges with the Midnight Colorbox ink that came with the kit. I used a bit of white crayon to color in the flowers (Irene's suggestion) then went over the entire panel with some Vintage Photo ink, I wiped the crayon areas off so they were white again. I then added some gold marker to the flowers and a red rhinestone to each.

After that I took a gold leaf pen (By Krylon I get mine at Michaels) and outlined the edge of the panel, and matted it on an inked (with Vintage Photo again) red panel, then onto a black panel that I too edged in gold leaf pen. I used a small hole punch to create two grooves one on bottom and one on top. I strung a few seed beads and tied the thread on the front of the card. I didn't have any gold paper I'm a silver girl myself so I colored a piece of cardstock with the same gold pen, once dry I used a regular sized hole punch to create a postage stamped edge, and matted all of that on an inked blue card base.

Sooooooooooooooo what do you think. Not my usual style of stamps so it's going to take some playing with but I love them. I adore Irene's style I call her my scrapbook goddess, so I'm always excited to get the next kit in the mail! Hope you like my card, go check out the QKD store for info and don't forget to hit up Irene's blog for more sneaks and sample photos!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...