Project: Christmas Wall Hanging
3 never-to-be-watched-again old VCDs; Christmas patterned paper; gel medium; Christmas-themed embellishments; ribbons/trim; cheesecloth; glue gun; Ranger Inkssentials Glossy Accents; double-sided tape; foam tape; white acrylic paint; stamp ink; Queen Kat Designs Stamps (Asian Postage Stamp Set, Going Postal Stamp Set, Aged Text Background Stamp)
1. Get 3 never-to-be-used again CDs. Trace and cut patterned paper to size. Use gel medium to adhere.
2. Gather your Christmas embellishments. I got my vintage images from an advertising brochure. Some of the trim, the leaf, and cherries I got from the notions section of the department store. I got some of my trim from a dressmaking shop.
3. Stamp on the tag. Ink and distress edges. Position and adhere elements using double-sided tape. Use foam tape to adhere vintage image. Use Ranger Inkssentials Glossy Accents to adhere hard-to-stick items like the plastic star.
4. Swipe white acrylic paint all around the edge.
1. Stamp postage stamp images using Versafine brown and black ink and Memento brown ink.
2. Adhere vintage Santa image on white cardstock, then use double-sided tape to attach it on top of the cheesecloth. Then attach the cheesecloth on the patterned paper with double-sided tape.
3. Use Ranger Inkssentials Glossy Accents to attach the leaf trim and cherries embellishment.
4. Swipe white acrylic paint along the edge.
1. Adhere ribbon with double-sided tape.
2. Tie twine and metal charm to small tag, then stamp and adhere with double-sided tape at an angle.
3. Use foam tape to adhere vintage image.
4. Adhere Maya Road felt bird and bingo chip with double-sided tape.
5. Swipe white acrylic paint on edge.
To adhere CDs to "hanging" ribbon
1. Position the 3 CDs front to back on a table in a vertical row. Position the red "hanging" ribbon on top of them. Simply fold red ribbon in half so that two lines of ribbon would support each CD.
2. Use glue gun to tack one CD at a time to the red ribbon. (You're supposed to have two ribbon parts on each CD.
3. For added endurance, use double-sided tape to adhere black cardstock on top of the ribbons at the back of the CDs.
Hope you enjoyed my Girl Friday Tutorial today!
Do subscribe to the QKD Blog, the Whimsical Ink Sorority Blog, and the Dark Ink Sorority Blog so that you don't miss out on the fab inspiration from the Royal Court!
Till next time!
Friday, December 3, 2010
Girl Friday Tutorial: Altered CD Christmas wall hanging
Hi! Nina here starting my Girl Friday Tutorials. We hope that these project ideas inspire you to make something lovely and give you ideas on working with Queen Kat Designs Stamps!