Saturday, June 22, 2013

Grandma's Quilt Altered Canvas and Beyond!



Todays post is a canvas that started out as a 4 inch x 4 inch square and morphed into something a bit larger!

I love the idea of art on small canvases. The only thing I had in mind with this piece when I started was a quilt square. I painted the canvas with Ocean Reef Blue Acrylic Paint and let it dry. I added Gesso over the blue paint to give a "white washed" or soft fabric look. I created the "fabric" hexagons using a Fiskar Hexagon punch and a single piece of Crate Paper Little Bo Peep Adelaide paper. I inked the edges of the hexagons with Prima Dark Bark Chalk Ink. They were then adhered to the canvas in the "quilt block" pattern. The stitching was added with a Sakura Gel Pen. Then the fun began!

What to add to the "quilt block collage"? I found some lace, tulle, vintage buttons on a card (41 cents - can you believe it), a Raggedy Anne doll, and a super cute digital stamp from Queen Kat called "four eyed flower", which I colored with the Sakura Gel Pens. I also tossed in a vintage stamp and a Craft Bingo card. Add some adhesive and you get a bigger than 4 x 4 inch canvas with a little vintage personality. You can click on the links in this paragraph and be instantly transported to the store to get the super cute digital stamp! 

Have a wonderful weekend!

Victoria

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Looks great - I love all the layers!

Pat said...

Beautiful!! I love mixed media canvas!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...