Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Setting a Scene with QKD Stamps

I have been buying up several background stamps for the last year, and today I wanted to show you what you can do with them, besides using one as a standard background for a card or a tag.

For this Tim Holtz inspired tag, I used the following QKD stamps:
Just Batty background and Skulls background, along with the Chinese Temple, Briggitte, and Street Lamp stamps.

The base is covered with book page patterned paper, then distressed it with Tim's inks.  I stamped the Chinese Temple on the left in black ink. I used the Just Batty background stamp on cardstock, ink-distressed it, and tore the inside edge to blend into my scene.  After adhering it, I stamped more bats to give it some height.

The next layer is the Skulls background, which I distressed then used pop dots to give it dimension.  I made the top layer using the street ;amp and Briggitte stamps (she's colored with Copics).

Embellishments include washi tape around the edges, some fun, tiny "dingle balls" trim on the bottom, purple feathers and metal stars, and a cool epoxy pebble.

If I had to use a sentiment on this tag, I think it would be something like:
"Friends don't let friends walk home alone on a street paved with skulls" or some such nonsense! LOL

Anyway, what are your favorite QKD stamp combinations?  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...