Monday, October 12, 2009

Doing Lolita's hair and makeup

First, a disclaimer: I am not a Copic expert. However, I do love my Copics. I played with Sweet Lolita this month, and I thought I would share my test images with you. A note about this: While I am showing you both the hair and the makeup in 1 image, when coloring, you should color either the face or the hair all at one time to make sure your ink stays wet.

Don't forget you can click on the images to make them larger, to see the detail.

First, the hair:  I have made Lolita a brunette with green eyes (like me). I colored the eyes in YG23.  In the first image, I have started with my lightest color, Y28 (lioness gold). I just kind of scribbled all over her head, leaving some areas white, where I thought would be the lightest areas. Next, I darkened her hair in spots using E33. In image 3, I added the darkest color, E55, where I felt there might be shadows. In image 4, I colored over all the parts with Y28 to blend.

For the makeup: In image 1 she has no makeup. In image 2, I start with her blush- R20. I like to make it somewhat irregular because to me it seems more natural, no one has perfectly even blush. In image 3, I used R01 on the bottom of the face to even out the blush. Finally, in Image 4, I round out the whole face by coloring with E00. I gave her red lipstick using R29.

Here, I made Lolita a blonde with blue eyes. I colored in the same manner as the brunette, but this time, I used shades of yellow. In image 1 she has on Y32. In image 2, she has reddish highlights, using R35. In image 3, I added a little darker in spots for shadows using Y38. In image 4, I color the whole head with Y32 to blend. The eyes are BG02.


For the makeup: I used E93 for blush. Image 1 and 2 are the same or similar. This time I just colored the rest of the face with E00, giving her a paler complexion than my brunette. I decided to use the E93 to give her a natural lipstick.

I hope this was helpful to some! Have a great day!

3 comments:

2amscrapper said...

Thanks for the tutorial! I'm still learning how to use those Copics!

Anita said...

This is awesome Nancy, thanks.

Alexandra Lundgren said...

Love this tutorial! Thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...