Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Lolli Pop Labs is Here!

Today we are welcoming Shannon Rene Justice to the Queen Kat Designs Family!

Shannon is the creator of Lolli Pop Labs. She has been a full time designer/illustrator Since 2007. Shannon is the illustratr of: "'The Lighter Side of Dark' Book One: Enter the Yard", a fun children's book.

She was recently chosen by SONY to help launch their APxSony ATV Lyrical Inspirations Official Collection. She has created illustrations inspired by 5 different songs, each by a famous Sony recording artist: 'Burning Love' by Elvis, 'Hit Me With Your Best Shot' by Pat Benatar, 'True Colors' by Cyndi Lauper, 'Alone' by Heart, and 'Burnin' For You' by Blue Oyster Cult.

How awesome is she? Well I'll show you!! We have created a private collection of her stamps right here at Queen Kat Designs. We are starting with 7 of them today but there are lots more to follow in the months to come!

This sweet little girl is called Black Balloon. I had so much fun making this card. I stamped the image and colored it then I embossed the red cardstock with a brick embossing folder from Tim Holtz. I tore the center of the red and "peeled" it back then I inked the red stock with walnut stain distress ink and an ink blender tool.

Next, I cut the image out with one of my nestibilities and inked the sides of it with some Stormy Sky distress ink and an ink blender tool. I adhered the red cardstock to a white card base and put the image in the middle of it with a pop dot or 4. :)

I stamped "To my best friend..." on white cardstock, inked the edges with Stormy Sky Distress ink and then matted it onto black cardstock and adhered to the front of the card.
This is a side view to show that it really pops off the page.

And last but not least, I stamped the sentiment on red cardstock and matted on black and adhered to the inside of my card. This sentiment is from our new "To My Best Friend" stamp set.

Please hop over to Shannon's Blog for the next stop on the blog hop. Thanks for coming today!

If you get lost along the way, here's the complete hop list.

QKD-- You're here!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! The new Lolli Pop Labs designs are adorable!

Good job Shannon, I am so glad melly invited me.

Michele

Anonymous said...

Adorable card!!!! Love how dimensional it is.

Unknown said...

This is adorable. I love this little gal!

Shaunery said...

Loved the hop and loved seeing these stamps in actual applications. Staring at a stamp sometimes I'm not "feeling it". But then I see it on a card or a layout..and BOOM I'm feeling the groove. Off to the store now, looks like I'll have to make another order... :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...