Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Dragon Riders by Coriander Shea Detwiler

It's time to show off a new card using my stash of papers (self-admitted paper-holic here)!  Today I made a birthday card for my daughter using a QKD stamp from  Coriander Shea Detwiler called Dragon Riders.  My daughter's birthday isn't until the summer, but when she saw this card, she wanted me to save it for her!
The reason it's called Dragon Riders is because of the tiny butterflies sitting atop our little friend.  I think that's a very clever name for this image.  I used a piece of leftover DCWV paper from the Once Upon a Time stack and perched him on top of a bit of ribbon.  Once I added the larger butterflies to the background, I used white gel pen and added a few more circles/bubbles/fireflies to the whole scene.  A few white heart-shaped brads and my card was almost complete.  I just needed a message, and I chose a Tim Holtz Idea-ology charm that reads, "Embrace imperfection".
SO, if you could, would you take a ride on a dragom?  I would, in a heartbeat.  Maybe I should put it on my bucket list.  it's no more fanciful than some of the things I've already listed there! LOL
Go check out all the cool and cute stamps that Coriander Shea has for you to play with at the store.  And let your creativity take flight!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Pat I love me some dragons.......I just close my eyes and I see myself flying away on the back of such a magical beast

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...