Tuesday, March 5, 2013

pATCHES THE hIPPIE gIRL

It's March, and with a new month comes new releases from QKD!  Today I made a card with "Patches the Hippie Girl" by Terrell Dorfeo. Patches looks like she is high on life, and everything is groovy baby!!
I used mixed media to make this card.  I am very much into mixed media right now, and wondered how paint, matte medium and designer napkins would look on a card.  I showed my daughter, who is in her third year of art in high school.  She said she liked it because it was "different".  The texture is very different, and even though the finish is supposed to be matte, it has a bit of a shine to it.  What do you think?
I added a few layers of designer napkin first, tearing the bottom for a rough look.  I colored my image with Copics, then positioned it on the card so I could stamp the sentiment "groovy".  I colored in the letters with black Copic and white acrylic paint.
To frame Patches, I drew a peace sign, then placed "flower power" embellies around her.  I added a VW Beetle button, and finished off my card with some white acrylic painted dots and white inked edges to lighten it up.
I had fun trying this technique on a new venue, and would do it again.  Have you tried mixed media yet?  It is "far out, dude"!!    Meanwhile, check out more of the Queen's new releases at the shoppe!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the tie dye look! great colors

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...