Saturday, August 25, 2012

122 Days until Christmas!

Are you counting down until Christmas?  I have to, because I send out handmade cards to the people on my mailing list!So when I was entertaining my granddaughters, Bella and Christina, we sat at the card table, Copics in hand, and each made a Christmas card, using a QKD stamped image from artist Che Gilson called Peppermint Girl.

Here's my 4 year old's card. I think Bella did a great job on using my treasured Copics, don't you? She even spelled her name on the front of the card. I like the way she framed the image with patterned paper. That tiny bow in the corner just makes the card,

Next up is my new granddaughter's card. Nina is eight years old, and loves to scrapbook (so does her mommy, that's why I love her so much). Both girls used DCWV Holiday card bases.


I made my card using a card base from the same DCWV set. After coloring her, I placed her on my card and just threw everything but the kitchen sink onto it. Some pearls, snowflakes, candy mints stickers, diecut evergreens, candy cane border stickers, and a metal sentiment charm., But I like it!!! Hope you do too!

It's never too early to start making your Christmas cards.  You can find lots of Christmas images at the Shoppe.  If you want to see more cards using CHe's stamps, check out the Castle Playground, where her art is showcased on cards by other DT members.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...