Saturday, August 11, 2012

Gargoyle Girl

Hello my crafty friends.  I hope you are all enjoying your day.  Today I have a card to share with you using a stamp from Queen Kat Designs, where as most of you know, I am on their Design Team.  What a thrill this ride has been.  It has taken me out of my comfort zone by forcing me to use stamps that I normally wouldn't even think of using.  It has been fun to see where my ideas take me.  I haven't always been extremely happy with the finished products, but I am proud of the fact that I have tried to think outside the box. 

That is exactly what I have done with this card.  It is wwwaaayyy outside my normal creative box.    This stamp is from Terra Bidlespacher and is called Gargoyle.  I love this little stamp.  She is my first gargoyle and I don't see her being my last. For me, working with these images are rather hard.  I usually do cute or sweet cards, even my masculine cards could be considered cute.  So, to try and go Goth, Emo, or just plain out there is a challenge.  But, I have enjoyed stretching my creative ability.  So, without further ado, here she is..

I call this one "Freak".  I used glitter pens to color her in.  I used a Tiki Hut Tan BIC marker to color her skin but it came out looking kinda greenish.  I hand drew the wall background and then added some graffiti to it.  I actually just kept adding embellishments until I thought it looked ok.  I added a stick pen to the big flower and some metallic nail heads to the corners.  Glossy Accents highlight the wall.  I think she turned out pretty "cute"..lol

Thanks for stopping in today.  And don't forget about the October 13 Days of Halloween blog hop over on QKD.  God bless you.


Stamp: Gargoyle by Terra Bidlespacher
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; DI Vintage Photo, Broken China, Peeled Paint, Spiced Marmalade
Coloring Medium: Sakura Glitter Pens; BIC Markers; Spectrum Noir Pens
CS: my stash
Embellishments: my stash
Adhesives: ATG; Pop dots

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it! Looks great

Pat said...

Love that hand-drawn background, it really pulls the card together. The image is cute, but I don't expect anything less from Terra!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...