Friday, August 28, 2009

Pieced Piece

Here is a card I came up with after washing a folding a few of the quilts I've made. I punched out coordinating papers and pieced them all in a patchwork pattern then stamped Dotty over top. I added a few Primas to liven it up.

I like this card well enough. It is simple, but I think it needs more. So when I get back from preschool drop off I'm going to rework it and edit this post to add the second version on here. So please come back later today and visit again. And be sure to swing by the store and get some of those things on your wishlist.
Here's the reworked card. I pulled out the sewing machine and stitched along the edges, added more flowers and used Liquid Pearls on Dotty's feathers as well as some of the small flowers. This feels more like me now:-)

We have design team challenges posted on our blog hops every Wednesday. I'd love it if you checked us all out and then felt inspired to create something to play along too. If you do please link to your creation in a comment here or on the blog that inspired you.

Cardstock: Soft Sky, various patterned paper
Stamp: Dotty
Ink: Soft Suede
Extras: Primas, brads

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the stitched version!! I just love stitching and how it turns ordinary into extraordinary!!! =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...