Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sundays are for Stampin' - August 16th

Happy Sunday to you! Welcome to another edition of Sundays are for Stampin'! The family and I were blessed with a really nice day at a company picnic yesterday, held at Boondocks in Northglenn, Colorado. Needless to say, I am sore and tired and looking forward to stamping all day while the kids finish an art project we began a while back.

Here is a card I made using the Cats with Style stamp set that QK released this month.


I took a bit of a different approach with the cat silhouette look I was trying to achieve: I colored in the cat with both Coffee and Pixie Dust Shimmerz to give it depth; I have to apologize for this being one card that looks so much different IRL, yet I wasn't able to capture that in the photo. I also, for the first time, used the blanket stitch on my sewing machine, and amusingly I've had the machine for nearly 5 years now!! Can't believe I haven't used that interesting stitch before! The sentiment is also in the stamp set, and I do think I like it cut apart and popped individually.

Paper: DCWV Scrapbook Kit in a Stack Cat; Bazzill textured cardstock
Ink: Cat's Eye; StazOn Timber Brown
Accessories: Primas; ribbon; Dress It Up paw brad; Eyelet Outlet cat mix brads

Thanks for reading and have a very blessed Sunday!!

♥AlienAnessa♥

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...