Saturday, August 22, 2009

Stampin' Saturday for My Hero

I made this card for my dh who's been a hero to so many this summer. He's done everything from remove a four foot snake from a pontoon boat to helping our ds when his car broke down to building furniture for my craft room to removing fallen tree limbs from our last wind storm for our neighbor to just being a good listener during stressful times at work. The QKD My Hero stamp was perfect for this card (I have it hanging from gathered black ribbon, to make it look like a medal). I paired it with a beautiful digital sentiment I downloaded from © Susan McMahon and printed on My Mind's Eye patterned paper. Then I added a lot of Tim Holtz products: Ranger Distress Inks in black soot and spiced marmalade; Idea-ology harlequin elements grungeboard stars and Findings: sprocket gears and game spinners (had to point out what a hero he is); as well as copper Perfect Pearls and What's New Club patterned paper from A2Z Essentials. We have a lot of military history in our family so I think I'll be using the QKD My Hero stamp often in my scrapbooking. I can also see this stamp being used to make cards for troops. I hope this Saturday you have time to scrap a lot. Helene aka 2amscrapper

2 comments:

Alexandra Lundgren said...

What a lovely card and it is great of you to remember the heroes in our lives everyday!!!! I would certainly be grateful for the removal of a 4 foot snake!!!

Anonymous said...

Holy smokes, what a great card!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...