Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sundays are for Stampin' - August 9th

Hello there...and welcome to another edition of Sundays are for Stampin'!! If you haven't seen the movie Facing the Giants, then either before or after you've done some Sunday stampin', you've got to see that film! Oh my goodness, it is so poignant, it had my husband, my 7-year-old daughter, my 6-year-old son, and me in happy tears most of the time. Wow, very moving.

Today I'd like to share with you a card that I had the privilege of creating with QKD's new "Cats with Style" stamp set. Personally, I'm not a cat person, but I certainly have a substantial number of friends who are, and I love to create cards and projects for my friends!


I stamped this cool Kat with gold pigment ink, heat-embossed it with clear/bridal embossing powder, then painted the inside of her with Angel Wings Shimmerz - how appropriate, eh? The sentiment is part of the set, so I used it to create some background paper AND, very carefully, painted each word individually with a Copic marker to make them fit above her image.

If you have cats, know anyone with cats, or simply love them, you've got to have this stamp set. The design team will be sharing more projects with this set, and you'll progressively see how incredibly versatile and necessary it is!

Paper: DCWV The Pets Stack; Bazzill Bling
Ink: Cat's Eye; Copic Sketch marker E29
Accessories: The Pets Stack chipboard (I created the fish's eye with a Making Memories snap and put a Making Memories heart eyelet on the heart); Dress It Up cat; Eyelet Outlet cat mix brads; Primas; Joann ScrapEssentials ribbon; Singer sewing machine; Gutermann thread; Nestabilities Labels One and Labels Three; Angel Wings Shimmerz

Thanks for reading and have a very blessed Sunday!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...