Thursday, May 28, 2009

Hearts and Friends

For today's post, I thought it would be fun to use this cute little Girlfriends stamp. I needed to break out this stamp because a very special friend is coming to visit me in a little over a week; I wanted something special to leave for her.

I drew in the sidewalk with a ruler and pen, just adds that little something to the focal point. The whole panel was then colored with Copic markers, my absolute favorite medium to color with. Lastly, I added some sponging for the sky. Super quick and simple.

It's ok to add your own doodling to an image as long as it doesn't detract from the stamp artist's design. This also brings some new life to a stamp in your arsenal and challenges you to use it in a different way. So experiment with it and have fun.

Have a wonderful Thursday.


Tina

1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

Such a cute card!!! Great coloring too!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...