Friday, May 15, 2009

TGIF!

Wooossh....there went my week again! I'm so ready for the weekend and a much needed break! I don't seem to take as many as I should and really need to change that! I have a good friend who lives in town near me and, being military families, this is something considering we worked together at our last base our DH's were stationed at and are now here we are together again! I love when that happens! She and I get together once in a while to catch up on everything going on in our crazy life! We are way overdue for another one! That being said I thought "hey....a neat card would be fun to get so......" I did, I made her one! I used Queen Kat's stamp set called "Give Me Coffee" for the words.



There are actually 4 stamps in this set and I can't seem to pick a favorite saying! I like them all! LOL! I wanted to do something different here too. I made my own designer paper! Not that I don't have enough that I purchase because, believe me, my craft room is well insulated by paper! I was in the mood that night! LOL! I used the shaving cream technique with reinkers to create the paper! It left me in total control of the color scheme. I wanted this card to have the words really pop out! I think I achieved my goal! I used random other items from my stash for the rest of it, flowers, rhinestones, brads - just an eclectic mix of things! This was a fun card to make and hopefully she'll enjoy getting it! It will be delivered tonight via "HDS" or, Husband Delivery Service as now...I work with her husband! LOL! Goes to prove it is a small world! LOL! Now go get your coffee stamps and invite your friends out for a break too! If you create something using this set send a link to Queen Kat so she can see your creativeness too!

Enjoy!
Michelle

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...