Friday, November 27, 2009

Priority Travel

I saved a luggage tag from hubby's luggage and fully intended on using it on a layout. I wanted to document how it feels to be the wife of someone who works in the airline industry.

Journaling:
At first I was going to write about how being married to someone who works in the airline industry is far from a "Priority" travel experience or lifestyle. Sure we get to travel in business class. But it's a panicking feeling I feel knowing that we are always the last priority to board. Still it feels a little ungrateful to complain about that.
And then there's the people who make remarks, snide, envious or otherwise, how "easy" our life is because we travel. Come back to me when you're a stay-at-home mom and homeschooler who has to endure weeks without a husband.
But the truth is, I didn't even expect to still be traveling at all. When we married, AR wasn't in Philippines Airlines yet. And I had resigned myself to think my travel days were over.
So what is so wonderful about travel? Truthfully? It's that for the duration of it, no matter how long or short it is, you have that feeling that you've taken a temporary break from the ordinary and everyday routine. And that makes any complaints or snide comments more than worth it.
* I used Queen Kat Designs Going Postal Stamp Set for this.

4 comments:

2amscrapper said...

I love how you use the QKD stamps in your scrapping.

Stef H said...

stunning page! i soooooo understand where you're coming from. my hubby (now retired) was a locomotive engineer! and tho' i rode the train everyday to & from work, i NEVER got a price break! cost me $225 a month for an hour's ride. and the times spent without him too.

but, we're both retired now so it was worth it.

hugs,

Steph Ackerman said...

Beautiful page.

Anita said...

I love this Nina.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...