Saturday, November 14, 2009

Stampin' Saturday

It's Saturday!! Hopefully this wonderful Saturday finds you spending time with your friends and family and remembering how thankful you are for them! Yes, it is getting time for Thanksgiving here in the States, and I must say Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday (yes, even more than Christmas!). QKD has some great stamps for Thanksgiving as well. Of course, my favorite one is the fun Thanksgiving Dragons Stamp Set.

Okay, the project that I want to share today is my first attempt at playing with alcohol inks. I wanted to have a marble effect with them without it being so dark. I stamped Bunny Chan on a tag and then let her dry over night to make sure nothing smeared. Then I pulled out my husband's shaving cream and put some in a paper plate. (shhh, don't tell him why it is low!). Then I dropped in a couple drops of alcohol ink and then used a Popsicle stick to swirl the colors.

After that I placed the tag down on top of the shaving cream and ink mixture, making sure that it was covered. I then rinsed off the extra shaving cream and let it dry for a day.

Thanks for stopping by!


3 comments:

2amscrapper said...

excellent!

Steph Ackerman said...

Great idea with the shaving cream.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!! I saw that technique on Sunflowers and Dragonflies and have wanted to try it! Nice!! And she's so cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...