Saturday, September 19, 2009

Stampin' Saturday



I was able to use a challenge sketch to make this card. I'm featuring the Apple Days stamp which is a new release this month here in the QKD store. Yesterday, Victoria posted a beautiful Apple Tree at Sunset card. She copper embossed her tree. I chose to use black ink with my tree, but make everything else golden. This stamp has so many possibilities! Here's how I made my card: I didn't have an oval cutter large enough to provide the background for the stamp so I used my craft knife (a tool I haven't quite mastered) and an oval template. I swiped, across my craft mat, five different colors of Ranger Distress Ink, used my water mister to blend, and then dragged the oval though the ink. Once the oval dried, I misted it with gold Perfect Pearls. I used black tuxedo Memento ink to stamp the apple tree image. Then I got out my Adirondack Metallic gold Dabber acrylic paint and edged the oval as well as painted some copper German scrap. I finished by layering everything together with fiber, flowers, leaves, and ribbon. I took the photo out in the sun, hoping you can see all of the shimmer. Hope you have time today to scrap a lot! Helene

3 comments:

linnes said...

A beautiful shimmery tree! Gorgeous.

Unknown said...

very pretty!! I love how you did the background

Anonymous said...

I love the background too!! This is so pretty!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...