Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sundays are for Stampin' - September 13th

Hello there, and welcome to another edition of Sundays are for Stampin'!! Today is National Grandparents' Day, and we were going to head to Greeley to see the grandparental units, but they're still on vacation - yay for them, bummer for the kids LOL For all you "sincerely wonderful" grandparents out there, thank you for all that you do!! I put "sincerely wonderful" in quotes because my kids technically have grandparents on MY side of the family, but they are so far from wonderful that they almost don't exist!

The card I have for you today is, no, not a grandparents' card, but another venture into The Nightmare Before Christmas - the two-step tree is just such a wonderful part of my repertoire!

I just love Sally's demure glance up at Jack; I can very much identify with her and her love for him - hubby is definitely my Jack!

I also love how the tree turned out, and again I sponged chalk onto the cardstock as a background. With the stamp that is the base of the tree (the first step), I used dye ink, which dries quickly. With the stamp that is the tree-details stamp (the second step), I used one of VersaMark's Dazzle line of glittery watermark ink pads, sprinkled clear/bridal embossing powder on top of that, and heat embossed. Before the embossing could dry, I inked up the tree-details stamp with StazOn and stamped on the still-warm embossing. Somehow the reaction of the StazOn and the warm embossing created a "fuzzy" type of texture on the tree...very cool indeed! The moon is cut out of a piece of cardstock from The Halloween Stack, using a 1" circle punch; then I distressed the edges with sandpaper, pulling toward the center as I distressed the circle, giving it imperfections to match many of the movie's elements =)

Hopefully my Halloweeny creation has inspired you to get going on your Halloween cards, or to get out your copy of The Nightmare Before Christmas so you can watch it tonight, or at least to stamp today LOL!

Paper: Doodlebug Designs glittered cardstock; DCWV The Halloween Stack; DaisyD's Halloween patterned paper; Bazzill Bling; GinaK Pure Luxury 120lb cardstock
Inks: Cat's Eye; Adirondack Sienna dye inkpad; VersaMark Dazzle Frost watermark inkpad; StazOn Timber Brown
Accessories: EK Success Nightmare Before Christmas embellishments; Nestabilities Classic Ovals Large and Classic Scalloped Ovals Large; Fiskars Circle Template; EK Success 1" punch; RibbonFX ribbon

Thanks for reading and have a very blessed Sunday!!

♥AlienAnessa♥

3 comments:

2amscrapper said...

So very clever!

Tina said...

How wonderful! Such amazing detail.

Penny said...

this is fab!!! love it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...