Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sundays are for Stampin' - September 6th

Hello there! Welcome to another edition of Sundays are for Stampin'...especially if you have Monday off! I sure hope that you all are blessed with Labor Day off!! Peter McGuire, considered the Father of the Labor Day holiday, said back in May 1882, “Let us have a festive day during which a parade through the streets of the city would permit public tribute to American Industry.” Well, there's nothing wrong with declaring the Sunday before Labor Day to be the day to pay tribute to stampin'!!

Today I have a card for you that is on the Halloween side of things. I'll admit it, when I first saw the two-step tree stamp that was released this past Wednesday, I immediately was reminded of my favorite stop-motion film, The Nightmare Before Christmas. I saw that movie on release day back in 1993, and have been intrigued by that movie ever since. The two-step tree is twisty and curly and eclectic, just like all elements of the entire film.

I'll bet you won't believe that the background for the tree is comprised of three different colors of chalk?! It is! I'm not very good at sponging backgrounds, though with this tree I might try stamping and heat-embossing it on watercolor paper, then sponging a background.

See the Jack Skellington head in the tree? He's so great! The bat flying overhead is also from the movie. The cat in the lower right wasn't, although it could have been!

And I thought I'd show you a close-up of a cool little element that I've been saving. Last year, 2008, hubby bought some bread or something with this little gem on it, and he saved it for me, like he always does, but especially because it says "OCT 31"!! And it's orange...cool, huh?

Paper: The Halloween Stack; Bazzill Bling; GinaK Pure Luxury cardstock
Ink: Cat's Eye; Adirondack Sienna; StazOn Timber Brown
Accessories: Jesse James's Dress It Up embellishments; RibbonFX ribbon; EK Success Nightmare Before Christmas embellishments; bag tag by who knows

Thanks for reading and have a very blessed Sunday!!

♥AlienAnessa♥

10 comments:

Penny said...

how incredible is that!!!! wow Anessa!!! this card rocks! and what great hubby to help you collect!

laurie said...

Awesome card...the bread tag is so clever!

CraftyMomOf3 said...

SO beyond Amazing Anessa!!!! LOVE THIS!!!! Especially the bread tag!! GENIOUS!!! =)

Nina said...

Aww, Anessa! I love this movie! And I love your card! Just fabulous! =)

*hugs*

Victoria said...

Gosh I sure love your stuff. You can send anything you like my way ;-)

2amscrapper said...

I'm still taking it all in--so many wonderful details. What a fantastic concept! And the bread tag idea--marvelous!

Bridget said...

rockin halloween card

linnes said...

Fantastic card! Kewl bread tag ;)

Lara said...

LOVE it That is fantastic!

Kelly Braund said...

So fabulous! Love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...